Healthy Eating: In this article, we discuss the many benefits of eating foods rich in healthy fats.
Eating Healthy: Coconut is a great source of healthy fats
In her recent reel, Nutritionist Lovneet Batra talks about the importance of eating healthy fats. Through her Instagram handles @Nutrition.By.Lovneet, she starts by writing, “Many of you must have seen elders in our home eating soaked almonds early in the morning. Ever wondered the reason why?”
She further elaborates, “Various research suggests health benefits of consuming healthy fats as first thing in the morning:
1. Healthy fat helps to maintain better control of blood sugar levels. Because there is no carbohydrate present, there is no resulting increase in blood glucose. Additionally, it improves insulin resistance.
2. Good fats help to mobilize stored fats to be used for energy, and provide satiety which helps with appetite control. Thus, can help in weight management.
3. It works great to improve hormonal health and facilitate nutrient absorption and also helps to improve the gut lining.
4. Apart from these, fats have various important roles in our body like mental development, temperature regulation and many more.”
She ends by listening to some sources of healthy fasts. She says, “Several options to consider as a fat first thing in the morning are following:
- Soaked almonds/walnuts/cashews
- Cold pressed coconut oil
- A2 cow ghee (helps in dealing with constipation too)
- Coconut pieces”
Take a look at her reel:
Add healthy fats to your diet to see improvement in the areas discussed above and for better overall health.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information,
health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like
HIV and AIDS,
weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.